It took me some time to find out how to set up Whatsapp with Twilio and to see if it is possible to use the Twilio Whatsapp functionality from Diafaan SMS Server. I am still not sure if it is possible to send Whatsapp messages from Diafaan SMS Server with Twilio because this requires approval from Whatsapp and connecting a Twilio number with Whatsapp. But I was able to receive Whatsapp messages in Diafaan SMS Server through Twilio.
We do not have specific instructions to set up the Twilio account for inbound messages but I used the following steps to set up Diafaan SMS Server and Twilio for outbound and inbound SMS plus inbound Whatsapp:
1. Look up the Twilio credentials on https://www.twilio.com/console/project/settings , for two-way SMS I recommend to use the Live credentials
2. Add a HTTP Gateway in Diafaan SMS Server and fill in the Twilio credentials, select 'Start HTTP server...' and fill in your public IP number and port number.
3. Test if outbound SMS messages work correctly
4. If your computer is behind a NAT router, set up a port forwarding on the router to make sure that The HTTP Gateway is accessible from the internet. E.g. if your public IP- and port numbers are 220.127.116.11 and 8080, the public URL is http://18.104.22.168:8080
5. Buy a mobile phone number on https://www.twilio.com/console/phone-numbers/incoming
6. Select the Twilio number on https://www.twilio.com/console/phone-numbers/incoming and scroll down to 'Messaging'
7. Fill in your public URL in the 'A MESSAGE COMES IN' Webhook
8. Test inbound SMS by sending a message from your phone to your Twilio number, the message should appear in the receive log of Diafaan SMS Server
9. Set up a Twilio Whatsapp sandbox on https://www.twilio.com/console/sms/whatsapp/learn
10. Add you public URL to 'WHEN A MESSAGE COMES IN' on https://www.twilio.com/console/sms/whatsapp/sandbox
11. Test by sending a Whatsapp message from your phone to the Whatsapp sandbox number, the message should appear in the receive log of Diafaan SMS Server
i was able to get to the option to ADD http gateway , and selected the Twilio option.
Are there any instructions on how to complete these sections here, mainly the call back section
will this option work with whatsapp through twilio
Or maybe it is better to use Clickatell instead of twilio to send and receive text messages to whatsapp contact?
whisch one has the easier option to setup?
any guidance will be appreciated
I was reading that Diafaan works with Twilio.
I am planning to start a Twilio account because Twilio allows you to send text messages to whatsapp contacts.
Where can I find the instructions to setup Diafaan to use Twilio account?
Do you have a webpage with these instructions?
Most Users Ever Online: 494
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 590
Newest Members:, Henk Helmantel
Administrators: Henk Helmantel: 1241