1. By default, the Email Connector truncates the messages when they are more than 160 characters. You can change this in the settings of the Email Connector:
- Open the settings of the Email Connector
- Select the 'Send SMS' settings
- Click on 'Edit SMS message template'
- Change the 'Limit message to ...' property to the desired message length
2. SMS messages that are sent with a GSM modem or a mobile phone always have the number that is associated with the SIM card as the sender ID, there is no way to change that. To send SMS messages with an alternative sender ID, like a company name, you have to use an account with an internet SMS service provider. Diafaan SMS Server works with all SMS service providers that support the SMPP protocol and with the HTTP APIs of BulkSMS, ClickSend, Clickatell, Esendex, MessageBird, Nexmo and Twilio.
I have two issues at the present,
1. we have sms messages truncated, can we send messages greater than 160 characters via a gsm modem and if so how?
We currently use a Email connector to send messages.
2. Is there a way to alias the sending number to a name?
eg from "Someone" not +xx xxxx xxx xxx
Most Users Ever Online: 494
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 539
Newest Members:, Henk Helmantel
Administrators: Henk Helmantel: 1067