Will implement dailyreboot and monitor. Thanks for your support
1. It is not possible to set a fixed time for the daily reboot. The reboot will be activated every 24 hours, the first time 24 hour after the service is started.
2. No, the reboot in the firmware of the modem reboots the management software of the device, perhaps together with the wireless modem module but I am not sure of that. The reboot of Diafaan SMS Server only reboots the wireless modem module in the modem, it logs the wireless module off from the mobile network, does a full restart of the module and then re-connects to the network again. It does not reboot the firmware or the LAN module of the device. The reboot in Diafaan SMS Server can solve problems in the connection between the modem and the wireless network but it cannot solve problems between the modem and the LAN network
The reboot takes some time because the modem has to re-connect to the mobile network before Diafaan SMS Server can connect to the wireless module again. The default wait time after a reboot is 30 seconds.
3. It is usually best to let the modem choose the best network available. It is possible to force the modem to connect to a specific network, but that means that the modem will not try to find another network when the connection with the original network is lost.
4. There is no other setting that is guaranteed to improve the reliability of the modem. Sometimes placing the modem to another location with a better wireless signal can help. Using a SIM card from another operator could also help because the modem will then try to connect to another mobile network that could be more reliable than the current mobile network.
The modem located on data center in the operator itself, so power might not be an issues.
However i found the different between 1st and 2nd modem.
Modem #1: signal strength High 69%, Avg 31%, Low 0%, No Signal 0%. Network: 3G UMTS
Modem #2: signal strength High 91%, Avg 9%, Low 0%, No Signal 0%. Network: 3G UMTS
I have few questions:
1. Regarding "RebootDaily", if i set to true, what time it will reboot? can we define the time?
2. Does reboot is same like reboot done using modem web access (i click "apply changes" and it say rebooting modem).
However the modem still in "hang" state. we can ping, access web interface (even reboot or any changes). telnet to 10001 still accepted, but typing ATT no response. Will "RebootDaily" can help on this case?
3. Is there any way to lock signal to 3G or 4G only, as here 2G no longer supported.
4. Any other advanced settings to improve modem reliability? we accept modem reboot as it only took few seconds and backup still available. Recently we found both modem are "hang" 🙁
The ConiuGo modems are usually very reliable modems but every GSM modem can be more or be less reliable depending on the circumstances like the mobile network or power reliability. Of the modems that we have tested we found that the ConiuGo, Multitech and Gemalto modems are the most reliable LAN modems but this can be different in different situations.
The GSM Modem Gateway in Diafaan SMS Server has a 'RebootDaily' option in the advanced settings that might increase the reliability of the modem. This options sends a full reboot command to the modem once a day. It can prevent problems between the modem and the mobile network but it does not prevent problems between the modem and the LAN network because that part of the modem does not take part in the reboot process.
We have 2 Diafaan Basic Edition and each connected to own dedicated LAN modem (use recomended ConiuGo LTE LAN modems).
These modem use only to receive SMS (no outgoing) and both receive same SMS message for High availability/HA.
Traffic incoming SMS is between 200 to 450 incoming message per day. The system just running for 2 months, but the first modem already need hard reboot 4 times and second modem 2 times.
To us this is very poor system reliability. I would like to hear is this normal based on your experience/deployment?
Any suggestion to improve the reliability or suggestion for much better modem (i choose this modem as it looks the best available and recommended by Diafaan)
Most Users Ever Online: 494
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 519
Newest Members:, Henk Helmantel
Administrators: Henk Helmantel: 1008