Update: This problem was caused by a firewall issue that blocked access to the SMPP Connector ports.
It just happened again and we have restarted the diafaan SMS server 2 times using the end task and then all become normal. We checked the connectors 1 by 1 and we saw that 2 connector MessageOut.sqlite is more, 1 is 1.2mb and another one is 1.43mb. Is this affecting the Diafaan SMS server.
This time it stuck all the SMPP connector from sending the messages only the SQL Connector was able to send the messages. We are not able to identify the issue can you please help us understand where the issue could be. As this is creating a lot of issue for our customers.
Looking forward for your reply.
Your description of the issue and the fact that restarting the SMPP Connectors temporarily solves the problem suggests to me that the sqlite database of one of the SMPP Connectors might cause the issue.
Each SMPP Connector in Diafaan SMS Server has its own database that is used to temporarily store pending message packets. Obsolete old message packets are automatically removed from this database (by default after 3 days) but in some circumstances this database could get quite large. The SMPP Connector database files are named 'MessageIn.sqlite' and 'MessageOut.sqlite' and are stored in subfolder 'ModuleData\Connector.x', where x is the connector ID.
You can check each of the subfolders and if one of the database files is (much) larger than the others that could be the file that causes the problem.
Today again we faced the same issue, last time we had disable all the SMPP connectors one by one and had enable them one by one and it had started working. Today also we had applied the same fix as above and then it started working.
There is one file MessageLog.sqlite which is around 146MB and there are 2 other files expect the config file which is of 3MB.
Can you please help us understand what could be the reason behind this happening again so that we can take proper steps to avoid such a situation again.
The most likely explanation for high RAM use in Diafaan SMS Server is a problem with one of the SQLite database files that Diafaan SMS Server uses. High RAM use in SQLite usually only happens when the database file is very large.
You can search the data folder of Diafaan SMS Server (C:\ProgramData\Diafaan\Diafaan Message Server\ and its sub-folders) for unusually large .sqlite files. If one of the .sqlite file is much larger than the others than that might be the file that causes the problem. The simplest solution is to remove the file (after closing the Diafaan SMS Server service) and let Diafaan SMS Server create a new file when the service is restarted.
From today morning we are facing some wired type of issue. Diafaan SMS server service is using high amount of RAM usage like 2000mb then it goes down to 600+ then again above 2000+ then again 600+ and so on.
None of our SMPP customer are able to send the messages. The submit_sm is taking a lot of time and at times they are loosing the submit response. Can you please let us know what could be the issue. As in the logs and event we don't see any error or issues.
Your quick response would be helpful
Most Users Ever Online: 494
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 616
Newest Members:, Henk Helmantel
Administrators: Henk Helmantel: 1312